15 Mar 07.06.21: deadline for the implementation of the new Agid guidelines on electronic documents storage
AGID – Agenzia per l’Italia Digitale issued, on 9 September 2020, the new “Guidelines on the generation, management and storage of IT documents“.
These guidelines update, improve and clarify many aspects of document management and conservation both for Italian PAs and for companies; the new guidelines will come into force, not retroactively, starting from 7 June 2021, with the aim of promoting interoperability between Storage Systems and merging, also by repealing previous regulations, the technical rules currently in force on the creation, management and storage of IT documents.
Below is a summary of the main news:
- Clear redefinition of the roles and responsibilities of the Head of Conservation and of the Head of the Conservation service:
- The conservation manager defines and implements the overall policies of the conservation system and governs its management with full responsibility and autonomy.
- The role of conservation manager must be carried out by a subject internal to the owner of the object of conservation or, for private subjects, by a subject external to the organization, in possession of suitable legal, IT and archival skills, provided that he is third to the Conservator (who assumes the role of Head of the Conservation Service)
- Conservation Manual of the owner of the conservation object: the preparation of the Conservation Manual is the responsibility of the Conservation Manager (internal or external to the conservation owner) and can never be delegated to the conservation provider who is responsible for drafting the Conservation Service Manual.
- Technical / technological adjustments:
- Adjustment for the management of new mandatory metadata
- New standards of formats allowed for conservation
- Attestation of conformity for scanning of analog documents
- Entry into force of the UniSInCRO UNI 11386: 2020 standard for interoperability between systems
The regulatory text can be found here and also includes the following attachments:
- Glossary of terms and acronyms;
- File formats and dump;
- Process certification;
- Standards and technical specifications;
- Communication between AOO of Registered Administrative Documents.